Re: [at-l] I've deciced...almost

kahlena wrote:

> Hiya friends...
><snip>
> I've narrowed the search to two...Campmore's 20 d. down rectangle
> and a North Face Chrysallis...also down rated 25 d.
> The weights are comparable as is the size.  The Campmore's loft is
> 5, the NF is 4 but the fill weight is the same. Construction specs.
> and materials seem comparable as well.
> The Northface is sixty bucks more.  So my last question on the subject
> is...is the NF reputation/ customer care and support really worth
> an extra 30%?
><snip>

Kahley,

I know nothing about Campmore Bags. However, I can tell you that my
North Face Slimline mummy still does a great job and I bought it 23
years ago. It smells to high heaven and it's lost a little loft, but I
use it for all my trips except in the winter. It was, I think, a 0
degree bag when I bought it, and now maybe it's a 30 to 35 degree bag
for me. I love the quality in it. I can't tell you about the quality of
the newer bags, but my old one sure has it. Good luck.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com