[at-l] Fry pans!

Among other things, Diana/Raven mentioned:

I was interested in getting the MSR cookset with the heat exchanger
(anything to make my fuel usage more efficient). One reason I want this
is because the cookset I have now (Evernew stainless) is too small for
my whisperlite to nest in. The biggest pot in the set is also kind of
small for the whole trip. AND the frying pan, while it is nice and
non-stick, is a whole seperate entity.
<<<

Which made me curious.  How many thru-hikers bother with a frying pan?  And
even if they start with one, is it worth the extra weight?  I'm leaning away
from taking one, but I must admit some things are just plain *easier* when
done in a pan instead of a pot.  And I'm a sucker for pancakes!  :-)  Assume
the rest of my kitchenware is the more or less standard kit (1 pot, cup,
spoon, knife).

Jennifer
GA->ME '99 (Waaahhh!!!  I wanna go NOW!!!!)
parisi1@brwhcc3.hcc.com