[at-l] Re: See you up the Trail

> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:33:07 -0600 (CST)
> From: Dan Grossman <danieljg@owlnet.rice.edu>
> Figure it's time to speak to those soon heading to Springer:
> In 3 months I will be continuing my hike from Pa Hwy 34 (near Carlisle).
> If we cross paths in the first few days I'm on the Trail, then please be
> courteous as you zip by me.  A 9 month break can do bad things for the
> stamina (and the waistline).  I have heard, though, that there's a part
> that never leaves you.  I look forward to taking my next step past a
> white blaze and feeling like I'm home again. <MESSAGE CONDENSED/SNIPPED>

Reports are coming in that the 1st thruhikers are already on The Trail, so
before I miss any more of you, let me add my wishes that all of you have
an absolutely terrific hike and that you find within you more resources
than you ever dreamed you had.  I'll be on The Trail the last part of
April between Sams Gap and Hot Springs, going against the flow, so I hope
I'll run into at least a few of you I've known on the lists.  I've had an
even longer break (12 months) than Dan, so my stamina and waistline are
probably in even worse shape.  My longing for the trail is sure in *great*
shape, though!

  Katahdin or bust, guys/gals!!!  --  "Earthworm"

*                                                                          *
*  Linda L. Patton                  "Nearness to nature...keeps the        *
*  Reference Librarian               spirit sensitive to impressions       *
*  Strozier Library                  not commonly felt, and in touch       *
*  Florida State University          with the unseen powers."              *
*  Tallahassee, FL 32306-2047             --Ohiyesa                        *
*                                           The Soul of the Indian         *
*  Phone: (904) 644-5019                    1911                           *
*  E-Mail: lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu                                          *
*                ...the siren call of the wilderness...                    *