[at-l] Traditions, and their downfall :(

Just a thought that came across my mind.  It seems like a majority
of the future thru hikers already have Trail names, and I'm just curious
how you received them .   It seemed not too long ago that the tradition
was to be given a name by fellow thru hiker, now it seems as if everyone
has a name before they begin their hike.  Why is it that such a good
tradition is being forgotten ??  Is it because people don't know about
this fine tradition, or is it that people just don't care about
tradition??????

        If the above statement bothers you in the least, please feel
free to explain why you find it important to personalize your trail
name.  I'm really curious to hear from any and all.

			     City Slicka