Re: [at-l] Water Filters

Umm.....

I am far, far, from an expert about toxic doses of iodine, but the numbers
I heard don't agree with Patrick's.  I'm not at all sure I would want to
take iodine for six months.  Also, I've read (Backpacker, Dec. 1996, p. 58)
that iodine doesn't do a good job on Cryptosporidium (another Giardia like
nasty).

I would recommend talking to your doctor about long term use of iodine.  I
do know that there are certain medical conditions that absolutely
contradict it.

I wish I COULD use iodine long term, as I've found it very convenient the
few times I've used the stuff.  And, as Patrick says, I'd love to drop the
extra pound.

-- Jim Mayer