Re: [at-l] Bears on the AT

My bear story:

  I've seen three bears on my AT journies, two from cars unfortunately.
The first was in the south (NC I think), it was near twilight on the
Trail, all I saw was a large black butt take off through the woods.  I
saw my second in the SNP while slacking the park w/ the Forester (AT
94-95), I think we were driving back to Rusty's at the time.  The third
was this summer in Maine.  Me and Sparrowhawk (AT 96, and a great girl I
must admit :) were in the back of Steve's pickup (Steve is the ferryman
for the Kennebec crossing, which I suggest you use) driving a logging
road to Monson, when we saw a yearling running away through a clearcut.
Both were great experiences b/c I find it very humbling to know that I'm
no longer the top of the food chain.

			Happy Trails,
					City Slicka