Re: [at-l] more ranting (then I'll get off my soapbox

Patrick O'Meara wrote:
>One more thing that troubles me,  all of this internet material about
>hiking certainly has good intent, but it is only serving to get more and
>more unprepared people onto the Trail.  The Trail really doesn't need
>this type of advertising.  My greatest fear is that the Trail is going
>to be devalued b/c of the floods of people now starting.  Keith Shaw
>said to me this summer that he has NEVER seen so many s'bounders come
>through Monson.  (He counted several hundred)  The Trail is such a
>wonderful gift to us all, and we must do everything in our power to
>preserve it for the next generation !!

    I have wanted to hike since I was 12 years old.  Nobody I have met in
person has ever hiked.  I am now 19, have lite blue hair, and tattoos; I got
Email and internet less than a week ago so I could learn more about it.

        I believe in free speach; but, if Patrick O'Meara is stereotypical
of all the other people who hike then I think I'll take up tree removal as
my proffesion.

        "I may not believe in what you say;
         but, I will defend to my death your right to say it."
                                                Voltaire