[at-l] Cathole Diggers

>Amen.  I have the same problem myself.  I used to carry a heavy, steel
>garden trowel which works fine for cutting through roots and such.  However,
>my wife doesn't like the extra weight of the steel trowel.
>
>I'm seriously thinking about going back to a steel trowel.

My parents bought me a folding shovel for my birthday.  I think its called a
u-dig-it or something like that.  It about the size of a garden trowel (when
unfolded).  It is steel but it doesn't weigh that much.  I'm not sure of the
weight, but I think it says in the campmor catalog.  It is a nice compact
well constructed shovel, and I'd be willing to bet that it will last a long
time.

Check it out,
Bill