Re: [at-l] MSR Water Filters

David A. Davison wrote:

> Hello, I'm in the process of researching water filters and I was
> wondering if anyone has used the new Mini Works by MSR.  From what I
> understand, they have made the ceramic filter better than what it used
> to be.  Does anyone have any comments concerning the MSR filters before
> the change of the ceramic cartridge?  I was was also wondering why so
> many people use the PUR filters and the SweetWater filters?  From what I
> have read the MSR and the Katahdin(13,000 gals) will filter for much
> longer when compared to the others.  Any input on this?
>
> Thanks,
> David

There was a good testing done of a variety of water filters by
Backpacking magazine a couple of months ago. They found that in the
majority of cases that the manufacturers stated capacities were grossly
exagerated (sp?). They found the PUR hiker to best suited for most folks
under field conditions.
--
Robert L. Cox, Jr. - Nuisance Wildlife Control Services - Express PPS
   \\\\\\\