[at-l] Re: Trail Computer

Waldo L. Jaquith wrote:

> PLEASE, don't waste your time.  I've been there & done that.  Your computer
> will be destroyed, the phone connections are AWFUL, with an acoustic
> coupler, worse.
> Believe me.
>
> Best,
> Waldo

As one of the many readers of Waldo's electronic journals on the AT
Homepage, I can attest to the above. He was always having problems. I
wouldn't have been surprised if he had dashed that computer against the
rocks! Seemed very frustrating.

I did the posting on the at-l for Gutsy. It worked flawlessly. She
either sent me her journals via Express Mail or called me from the trail
for updates. Also, her husband, Dan, sent me email via AOL. I merely
posted what she or Dan wrote. Worked all the way.

I'm doing the same thing this year for the "Happi Feet" (Bill and Laurie
Foot). They are hiking and biking the American Discovery Trail, which
traverses the US. They will call me and send snail mail and I'll post
their journals on AOL. They are also former thru-hikers on the AT. Wish
them luck.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com