Re: [at-l] Shelter conveniences

"E",,,

   You've obviously never been to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
in northern Minnesota (presently iced over).

   Any/all the privies are "thrones",,, just a fiberglass G.I. toilet set
back from the nearest campsite,,, views are mostly not that good (too much
brush and trees),,, however, beats digging a hole or putting up with the
"aroma" typical of most privies/outhouses/latrines/etc....

At 08:51 AM 2/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Brent:
>
>Most of the shelters on the trail have a privy of some type.  Some have none.
>
>Some have nice clean privies, some are a bit nasty and some convince you
>to wait for the next one.
>
>Most unusual I have come across are the privies in New Jersey and New York
>(south of Bear Mt) that have no enclosures?  You just sit out there with
>Mother
>nature and the bears,etc., and pretent no one can see you.
>
>Never have to dig, unless emergency prevails.
>
>Big E

    Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Where's Spring; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure