[at-l] Pot sizes

Hi everyone-

I'm sure this was discussed in endless detail before but given that I've
never actually owned a stove before payed little attention.

I was recently given a MSR wisperlite international for the holidays and
it looks like this weekend it may actually be fired up for the first
time... assuming I make it to REI to buy a fuel bottle and a pot.  So
only time will tell if this thing will actually work!

I've pretty much decided on a 22 oz bottle... seems like a versitile size.

So the question is what size pot.  I am your basic boil and mix sort of
cook.  The ultimate goal is a pot for a '98 thru hike but before then I
will be doing lots of weekends, where I amy be cooking for more than myself.
(also part of my thru-hike will be with a partner)

If I were to only want to buy 1 pot, and wanted it big enough for 2
people, would that same pot then be overkill for just myself?  Also, I
want the stove to fit in the pot.

I was planning on just eyeballing it for what looks reasonable, but I
figured some actual volumes would be useful.  Also if anybody has any
specific brand suggestions and pros/cons of the attached vs clamp on
handles, it would be much appreciated.  Economical pricing is also a must
(unless somebody can make an outstanding argument for titanium).

Thanks!
Emily

P.S. And, about fuel... do most of you buy a jug of ful and keep it
around the house?  How small of a jug can I buy?  I have heard that the
fuel will go bad after a while, so I am concerned that I won't use it up
fast enough... but it seems like a hassel to find a place that sells it
byu the ounce every time I go backpacking.  I suppose it isn't too
expensive, even if some does go to waste.