Re: [at-l] E-mail on the Trail

Chuck Kichine wrote:

> Folks that are considering staying in touch by e-mail while
> hiking might consider looking at www.juno.com
> 1) Looks like they have a 800 number and a national mail server.
> 2) The supplied software is easy to use.
> 3) IT'S FREE (if you don't consider looking at ads a problem).
> Bad news is that it needs WinDoze to work, but it could be a way
> to get some friends or relations at home online.....

I beleive that they've cancelled #1, but all the rest is true.   If any
hikers are interested, I'd be more than happy to give them a dial-up
account, email access, web space, etc.  for free.   I can't offer 800
service, though.   Just drop me a line if this would help you out on
your hike...

Note:  this message is not intended to start any threads similar to
"Electronics on the trail" :-).

Ryan