[at-l] Informational Signage?

On many of the trails I have backpacked through, they have all had signs
describing certain features such as lake names, trail names, mountains etc.
 I was wondering if the AT, has the same system?  Do shelters, side trails
and lakes/rivers have signage?  I ask this because basically I get lost
often (it's that bushwacker side of me :)  Thanks.

BackRest
AT Mar 97
30 days remainin'

BTW, I have never trusted so many people on a mailing list than on the
at-l---anyone want to handle my financing while I am gone?  :)  See yas'

rayann@cwconect.ca
backrest@hotmail.com
mmaclean@backpackers.com