Re: [at-l] Special places on the trail & meat that will keep

Christian E Rademacher wrote:
<snip>
 I found last year that summer sausage and
> pepperoni sticks worked very well for as long as 7 days (my longest time
> between resupplies).  I simply kept them in the original wrapper and cutoff
> from one end as much as I needed for that day's lunch.
 <snip>

I totally agree with Laughing Man. I have used Summer Sausage on the
trail for years and never had a problem. I put it either on crackers or
bagels with some mustard and it makes a great lunch! I discovered a new
way to eat it this past winter too! A friend I was hiking with fried it
up in my stove lid, then put it on the bagel, added some swiss cheese,
and put it in the pot over the stove to warm the bagel and melt the
swiss. Oh, was it good on that cold winter day. The hot chocolate that I
washed it down with was good too.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com