Re: [at-l] three questions

Robert Rubin wrote:

> Three questions:
>
> I've got a little Olympus XA camera with a removable flash. Removing the
> flash would obviously save me weight. On the other hand, I wouldn't be able
> to take flash pictures. Question 1: Is there much occasion to take flash
> photos on a thruhike?

Yes, take the flash, not only will it be useful for fill flash durring
the day, but from what I have heard from many past thru-hikers taking
photos of the hikers you get to know will become more important to you
than taking pictures of all the grand views, and I figure that I will
see a lot of people at night that I would want to photograph.

> Having read that Tincture of benzoin is a good foot toughener, I bought
> some at REI. The bottle gives usage directions, but says its intended use
> is making tape adhere better. Question B: How do you use it to toughen
> feet?

Sorry, can't help with this one.

> Question III: What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European?

E. George Oeser (aka Needles)
synergy@nc5.infi.net