[at-l] assorted tidbits, and beer!

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue:

I just wanted to share a cool experience i recently had, and maybe someone can
shed some light on it. The sternum strap on my REI pack broke some time ago,
and i just recently got around to trying to replace it. REI said they didn't
carry them anymore, but gave me Kelty's 1-800 number and said to try them. I
called them and said i needed info on replacing my sternum strap, but that my
pack was an REI pack. The lady took down my name/address and said they'd "get
something out to me". I fully expected a catalogue or ordering instructions.
About 5 days later i received a sternum strap for FREE. Needless to say, i was
very surprised. I have been trying to figure out whether REI has some kind of a
replacement deal with Kelty for this equipment, whether the people at Kelty
were just being nice, or whether they figured they might be able to get a new
customer for the price of a sternum strap. Either way, i thought it was a very
kind gesture. Any thoughts?

OHC: I'm leaving for Mt. Mitchell, NC as soon as my work day is over (about 2
hours!). I'm hoping for a nice dusting of snow. This has been my first chance
this year to make my annual winter trip, and boy am i looking forward to it.
Here's hoping for kind weather for any others who are hitting the trails this
weekend.

BEER:     Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout
 Anchor Porter
 Pete's Winter
 Blackened Voodoo Lager

Peace,
-J- (who will soon be known as Rambleon)
jeremyr@us1.ibm.com

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't
do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the
safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Mark Twain-