[at-l] rock climbing

Hi my names Jason Toth and I am a cadet at West Point and i had a
question for anyone who has done any rock climbing.  I know it doesn't
have alot to do with AT but i was just wondering if someone could help
out.  I just went climbing on an indoor wall today and my hands are raw
pretty ripped up.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can treat this
injury.  Also if there is anyway in which i can best prevent it from
happening in the future.  Furthermore I was thinking of getting together
and hiking a section of the AT up in Vermont on our spring break next
year.  What is the trail like in mid march?

jason