Re: [at-l] Pack weights

>Michael MacLean wrote:

> What I am trying to say, is that if your pack is more than "forty" pounds,
> or you don't own the new MSR lightweight stove, you can still enjoy your
> trip.

Good idea,

	Newcomers could easily get the idea that all that fancy stuff is needed
to have a good time. I started out with a $15. backpack, and a giant
Square sleeping bag. Often I would carry two of those big square bags in
the winter. I used quite a few reclaimed alpacca sweaters from High
School for my winter layers. the high tech stuff I own now has been
collected over 20 years. Some of it comes from friend that went out and
bought a bunch of stuff and then decieded hiking required too much
effort.

chase

--
http://www.neocomm.net/~cdavidso/chat.html    Appalachian Trail Talk