[at-l] Re: hostels, etc

My response to this question is you get what you pay for. Also, each
person's experience will be different from another. Some people stayed at
the same place and had a great time and other hated it. They were there at
the same time.  This does not answer your question, however, you will be
getting a lot more immediate info on the trail especially in the North.
         Rusty', as reported by another thru-hiker, does not advertise
because he has too many people stopping by for him to handle. Hence, if you
don't advertise you won't know its there. However, word of mouth keeps him
busy enough.
        Neels Gap, Blueberry Patch, The Place, Woodshole, Rusty's,
Harrisons(Pierce Pnd Shelter) just food, Shaws or Pie Lady, Graymoor are
all fine by most people standards. It really depends on how crowded each
place is as well.

Cough Drop
Ga-ME
95/96

>Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 11:13:04 -0500
>From: rmann@ENG.APPL.GE.COM (Rick ann)
>Subject: [at-l] trail magic
>
>I was on the trail last year, but did not stop at Rusty's.  I have heard
>many different conflicting accounts of the Hard Times Hollow.  Why is it
>no longer in Wingfoots book?  What are the pros and cons of this place?
>Who is Rusty?  Is it worth the side
>
>Plus, how about Trents, Woodshole, Harrisons, Shaws, Kuntry Momas,
>Graymoor, etc...
>
>Let's hear about the bunkhouses and hostiles and motels and B&B's ...
>
>Pittsburgh
>http://www.hack.net/lists >--
>This message is from the Appalachian Trail Mailing List             [AT-L]
>To unsubscribe email at-l-request@saffron.hack.net with a message containing

Thomas Ludden
Department of Geography  and Earth Sciences
tmludden@unccvms.uncc.edu