[at-l] Re: "All the world's a stage..."

Well put Doug, I must I agree that I like the term 'observer' better also.

----------

> All the world's a stage,
> And all the men and women merely players.
> They have their exits and their entrances;
> And one man in his time plays many parts,
> (continued)
>
> Amiens 2.7 (As You Like It [Shakespeare])

-----------

I am curious about one thing that maybe all of you can shed a little light
on. It is easy to sit back, make your plans and listen to the stories from
others about their experiences and develop a preconceived notion of what
your experience will (or should) be. I was wandering, of those of you who
have already done a thruhike, did the experience live up to your
expectations of what you thought it would be? For better or worse, I'd like
to know.

Ken

"There are no ancients before me,
No followers behind:
Only the vastness of heaven and earth
On this mountain terrace.
Though heaven may know the ultimate,
Joy or sorrow is our own will."
-- Deng Ming-Dao, excerpt from "365 TAO"