[at-l] smokies weather

hi,

A few people here are considering destinations for a spring break trip, at
the moment the considerations arte the Smokies or El Paso, TX area (Hueco
Tanks and Big Bend NP).  We are assuming that there will be people who
will want to backpack as well as rock climb (the climbers are definately in).

The smokies are a cloesr dirve (12 hrs vs. 24) but my concern is the
weather.  Can we pretty much be sure that the last week of March will be
adequate weather in the smokies?  Prefferably dry for climbing purposes
too.  Any comments from people who know the area?
thanks,
jeff

PS - traffic is getting pretty heavy on the list, so feel free to e-mail
me privately at jmose@spc.uchicago.edu