[at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #113

>Date: Mon, 3 Feb 97 15:32:04 EST
>From: rdubois@VNET.IBM.COM
>Subject: [at-l] Parachute Cord
>
>What is parachute cord and where do you buy it?  It sounds
>like that's what a lot of people are carrying with them and
>I just have no idea where I would purchase it.
>
>What are some of the other types of cord that people are using
>for hanging food bags and other miscellaneous camp things.  I know
>Brent mentioned brick mason's line.  Is this stuff thick enough not
>to cut your hands open when you're pulling your bag up a tree?
>Anybody else have suggestions on a lightweight but strong cord to carry?

Hi Rachel,
I carry a very lightweight only 2 ozs for 50 feet of 1000 lb test line.  It
was purchased at a local camping store and it works great for me.  I've seen
similiar type lightweight line at Campmor.  I don't exactly remember what it
cost but it wasn't expensive.  The light weight was the determining  factor
and 1000 lb test line is enought to hang any food bag.

Take care,
John

>Rachel
>"Solophile"  GA-->ME  '97
>http://www.webcom.com/markham/at-hike

John O    E-mail johno@mail.monmouth
Brick, New Jersey
60 miles north of Atlantic City   60 miles south of New York City

                                /\
                               /  \
                              /    \
                             /Mount \
                            /Katahdin\
                           /  Maine   \
                          /     _      \
                         /     / \      \
                        /     /   \      \
                    /        Springer        \
                   /         Mountain         \
                  /          Georgia           \
                /          THRU-HIKER            \
A dream that may become a reality someday by taking one step at a time