Re: [at-l] Parachute Cord

PC is just what its name implies, its the cord thats used in parachutes.
I've never seen it in a store not attached to a parachute.  Its truly great
stuff.  I used to skydive and had some old chutes that I cut the cord off
of.  Its made of several (about 20) small (but very strong) 'threads'
surrounded by a sleeve, all made of super strong material (don't know what
it is, but I think its man-made).  Find an old parachute and 'make your
own.'  Definitely good stuff, but probably overkill for most hiking uses.