[at-l] Parachute Cord

What is parachute cord and where do you buy it?  It sounds
like that's what a lot of people are carrying with them and
I just have no idea where I would purchase it.

What are some of the other types of cord that people are using
for hanging food bags and other miscellaneous camp things.  I know
Brent mentioned brick mason's line.  Is this stuff thick enough not
to cut your hands open when you're pulling your bag up a tree?
Anybody else have suggestions on a lightweight but strong cord to carry?

Rachel
"Solophile"  GA-->ME  '97
http://www.webcom.com/markham/at-hike