[at-l] Video Camera on a Thru-Hike

I've never thru-hiked but I have taken a Sony TR700 (model?) camcorder on a
7-day hik in Olympic National Park.  The camera, batteries, tape, and
solar-powered battery charger combined weighed 5 pounds.  I thought it was
well worth the weight and will always take it with.  My wife will carry our
camera.  I'll carry the camcorder.  My biggest problem with the camcorder is
finding a place to carry it while not in use.