[at-l] Boot Care--products?

I bought a pair of smooth leather hiking boots about seven months ago.  I
think they are finally and throughly broken in.  I have can of Dubbin
(silicone), made by the Kiwi polish company, which is about 17 years old.
Would this be a good product to use on my boots?  The label on the tin can
says "Warranted to soften, preserve and render waterproof all kinds of
leather"?  Would newer products do the same or better?  Thanks alot!

BackRest
AT Mar '97