[at-l] Re: Sleeping Pads

I have used all varieties of pads over the years.  For a while I carried
the 2" Thermarest as did Gail, but I decided that it was too heavy so I
went with the Ridgerest for a few years.  My big problem there was that it
is not very comfortable in shelters or on rocky ground.  Most recently I
have been using the full length lightweight Thermarest.  It is a good
compromise for me - more comfort than the Ridgerest and less weight than
the _really_ comfortable CampRest.  I have never had a puncture in a
Thermarest but I always carry the repair kit just in case.

Frank