Re: [at-l] Sleeping Pads

So, what's the deal with the thermarest, then?  I see all y'all recommending
it so strongly despite the 5-20 *times* higher price than closed-cell foam/
ridgerest pads, the higher weight, the care and maintenance, the possibility
of air leaks... is it really that much more comfortable?

(I'd decided to go with a closed-cell foam pad for all the reasons listed
above.  But I haven't slept a full night on a thermarest, only laid down on
one in the store.  And you all seem so convinced...)

                            -David
determined newbie
GA->ME 97