[at-l] Re: [dehydrating meat

SYoung8874@aol.com wrote:

> I don't know who it was that was dehydrating meat specifically hambugur on

> it.  Makes a lighter pack weight and more interesting food than I had
> originally anticipated.
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> rec dancer
> ga-me 97
I wasn' the one  but---in the book Gorp,Glop& Glue Stew it says:-
crumble lean ground beef and cook it in olive oil with a minced garlic
clove, chopped onion, and oregano.  Then it is dried in the food dryer.
I met someone who had dehydrated tuna and used that on the trail also.
T.O.G.Goose. '92-'93