[at-l] Re: Sleeping Pads

<< Do you use a pad and if so, what kind are you using for extended
hikes/thru
 hikes?

 Does your pad choice depend on whether you choose to utilize shelters or a
 tent?

I, for one, use a thermarest full length.  I wouldn't carry a 3/4 length,
even though it's lighter.  I always get a good night's sleep with the full
length - besides providing insulation under my feet it's much more
comfortable to me.  I tried a ridge rest, but only used it once.  Others may
disagree with me, but I think the wooden base in the shelters is harder and
more uncomfortable than the ground, but I would use the T-rest at any rate.
 My opinion only - you should try them all in the store before you buy.

Marty (Gypsy)