Re: [at-l] Losing land to AT

-- [ From: Kurtis Kirsch * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Tom,

Do you consider that your (and society's) convenience to be worth the pain
and suffering of someone you don't know.  A society that doesn't protect
the rights of all of it's members, is an unjust society that considers that
the rights of the many, outweigh the rights of the few or the one.  I would
rather deal with a permit system or just bushwack than have any
individual's rights taken away.  Our gov't can spend astronomical amouts
for hammers and toilet seats for the military.  Why can't it compensate
citizens, whose land is needed for the "greater good," for the sentimental
value of their land, and if someone thinks their land is priceless,
negotiate for use rights, or reroute the trail, it's been done before, and
it will be rerouted in the future.

Another option is to get rid of the private ownership of the earth
altogether, stop reproducing, and build a society that is totally equitable
to everyone.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,
that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

		have fun,

		Kurt
		kurt.kirsch@internetmci.com

There were days,
there were days,
there were days, I know.
When all we ever wanted,
was to learn and love and grow.
When we grew into our shoes,
we told them where to go.
Walked halfway around the world,
on promise of the glow
Stood upon a mountain top.
Walked barefoot in the snow.
Gave all we had to give,
how much we'll never know, . . . . never know.

                                 Robert Hunter