[at-l] Water Bags

Hi Peter,
You wrote:

>I have seen lots of info on gear. One item many past thru-hikers
>suggest is   a water bag, however, little is said about pros and cons of
>different types   and sizes.  I plan to buy MSR's 10 liter bag before I
>leave (April 3, 1997).   Is it overkill to get one that sturdy or that
>large?

Some hikers have advised me not to bring a bag until I get to
the mid-Atlantic states, but I'm still not sure yet what I'll
be starting with.  I like the idea of being able to use the bag
to take a semi-shower on the trail.  Anyway, if my waterbag does
make it inot my pack, it's a 3-gallon cloth bag with plastic
bladder that weighs in at exactly 4.1 ounces.  The bladder part
is replaceable.

( To all of you that wonder about my precision on the above
weight quote--I got a digital gram scale from work that measures
to tenths of a gram!!!!  nah, nah, na-nah, nah!!!  OK, maybe I
got a little carried away when I started weighing quarters versus
dimes, but it's so cool to have a scale like this for a few days!)

Rachel
'Solophile'  GA-->ME  '97
http://www.webcom.com/markham/at-hike