[at-l] Thank you

To everyone on this list: I have been surfing around to other mailing
lists etc... this is the most civilized list I've visited. Here,
questions get answered and although there have been some heated
discussions, everyone seems to get along.

I went to one place where a 49 year old woman wanted advice about how to
get started hiking and was told with the first reponse that she was too
old. The responder suggested something like knitting for her. Then the
next 4 or 5 replies were all flaming the first responder about his
actions.  The lady's question never got answered.

I know that would have never happened here. And I am soooo thankful
there is somewhere where people don't mind sharing and don't get reemed
for it.

Sorry so long. Thanks