Re: [at-l] 97 Thru-Hike in jepordy!...new cammera....bivi.....beef

I have a camera question.  I took my Olympus Stylus Zoom on a 3-day hike
in the Smokys.  The camera got cold and the lens would not retract into
the camera body.  This is a drawback of this camera.  While the lens was
out and the camera in my coat pocket, I somehow tweaked the lens and got
it stuck.  I sent it to an authorized repair center and got today I got an
estimate for $71 to fix it (labor only).  Has anyone experienced this?
Have you got a do-it-yourself fix?  How about hints for operating a camera
on a cold day without jamming it?  Thanks.  Timothy Johnston