[at-l] another poem

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue:

Thank you for the kind words on my last poem. I wrote this one today at work in
response to a request for more. I hope you enjoy. Maybe next i'll try to
compose something to convey the anxiousness that these last two months are
slowly starting to breed :)

Soul Smile
-----------------

A smile and inner sanctitude
I never seem to lack
When every item that i need
Lays laughing on my back

My dogs might take to barking
My knees might start to whine
But my soul extends it's mantra of:
"Relax, you're doing fine"
For each and every muscle ache
And ligament and tendon
That cry and sigh and question why
They're sore from so much bendin'
I pause from hopping boulders
Like a dirty outdoor dancer
And while i let them catch their breath
Provide them with this answer:

A smile and inner sanctitude
I never seem to lack
When every item that i need
Lays laughing on my back.

Thanks also to everyone who contributes to this mail list. I have not been on
it very long, but the positive attitude and helpfullness of all the members
really goes against the usual internet grain. I would hate to see what would
have happened to the "Losing land to AT" thread if it was on rec.backcountry.

-J-
jeremyr@us1.ibm.com

"He who rides the back of the tiger fears to dismount"
-Robert Hunter-