[at-l] Re: Pack weight

I have recently been reading "The Complete Walker III" by Colin Fletcher.
When talking about weight he uses two measurements:

Pack Weight: Weight of pack & contents including food & fuel. His examples
             do not include water weight.
FSO Weight: (From the Skin Out) weight. This includes pack weight plus
            starting clothes, boots, staff, etc.

I liked the idea of using both numbers when referring to weight carried.
These measurements validate each other (If that makes sense). Great book
by the way ... which is probably old news to most.

- Snail-No-More '96

--
Kevin A. Hoffman
khoffman@acm.vt.edu