[at-l] Viewshed Thread

   The concept of a viewshed is great, but it is only one of many competing
uses for our great land.  I think we would be wrong to demand 'great views'
over every inch of the AT.  Some balance is needed and care, particularly
when negotiating with landowners about such things.  I'd rather have a happy
and supportive landowner than a pristine wilderness view.  But on the other
hand, I sure don't wall-to-wall condos and chemical factories either.  IMHO.