Re: [at-l] Losing land to AT

In a message dated 97-01-29 21:28:54 EST, jamessmith@STC.Net (Courtney)
writes:

<<
 I am not defending this, but under eminent domain(or condemnation),
 the man has to receive fair market value as determined by the market
 value of his land.  The man's land was not just swipped from him.

 Courtney

Would you like to work all your life to get the house and land you always
dreamed of, just to lose it to eminant domain?  I wouldn't.  Not even at a
little above fair market value. You just can't put a market value on
dreams...

Would anyone who has dreamed all their life about a thru hike take a "fair"
amount of money not to do it?  I think not.

Enough said,

Russ

TrailAT@aol.com