Re: [at-l] Losing land to AT

Jim Mayer wrote:

> Just a note...
>
> This discussion started off with Diana passing on a report she saw in the
> Baltimore Sun.  I won't pretend to know anything about this issue, but I DO
> know that one has to be very careful about sources.  For instance,
> newspaper reports often highlight a conflict.  Why? Because reports of
> cooperation are boring!  And it is absolutely the case that by choosing
> which facts are presented, and how facts are presented, an article can be
> made to say almost anything.

Good point, JIM. I was once the first person on the scene of a
semi-accident. I was standing in the middle of the highway, talking to
the truck-driver, when it started to rain. The next day the newspaper
blamed the wreck on rain-slick roads. A grain of salt for all...

--
Felix

It ain't much, but try http://members.tripod.com/~Felixhikes/index.html