Re: [at-l] Re: Filling Fuel Bottles

> The risk is the build up of fumes in the bottle. The space above the line
> has been calculated to accommodate fumes from the amount of the fuel below
> the line.

When I got my Whisperlite International, the instructions say to leave that
bit of air in the bottle so the pump gets a mixture of air (or fumes) and
liquid fuel.  That's why the pump has two "straws" that are perpindicular(sp?)
to each other.  But this is just my hypothesis...

--
S. Schuyler Stultz              Recognition Research Inc.
schuyler@rrinc.com              1872 Pratt Drive Suite 1200