Re: [at-l] power of attorney/hygiene

> What exactly is power of attorney and how would I give it to someone?

I wanted my father to be able to write checks from my bank account to pay my bills while I was on the trail.  We went to the bank and filled out a form that permitted him to sign my checks.  I believe that the term "proxy" was involved.  I don't know if this was "power of attorney", but it was fast and easy.

> Taking sponge baths on the trail ...

I am not endorsing this product, but I saw it in a 'Brigade Quartermasters' catalog (phone 800-338-4327).  This is the blurb:

SHOWER 'N TOWL - Instant Refresher Cools And Removes B.O. For People On The Go

Specifically for active people on the go, Shower 'N Towel gives that just-showered feeling without the use of soap and water.  Unique moisturizers and cleansers on a 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm) disposable towelette leave you feeling clean and refreshed, quickly and conveniently.  Sealed in individual 4-1/2" x 5-3/4" (11.4 x 14.6 cm) envelopes weighing just 1 oz each, Shower 'N Towel is easy to pack and carry.  Sold in packs of 10 [14oz (398 gm)]  #ST875  $15.95

Rick Mann, aka 'Pittsburgh'
rmann@eng.appl.ge.com