[at-l] Losing Land

Courtney wrote:

> I am not defending this, but under eminent domain(or condemnation),
> the man has to receive fair market value as determined by the market
> value of his land.  The man's land was not just swipped from him.

Yes, but fair market value means nothing in terms of sentimentality,
tradition. My house recently appraised for $XX. and I wouldn't sell it
for twice that. This little acre of mine sits right in the middle of the
two hundred most important acres on this planet, to me. Eminent Domain is
akin to Duane Grey picking me up by throat because he wanted to play
basketball where I was. And he did...

--
Felix

It ain't much, but try http://members.tripod.com/~Felixhikes/index.html