Re: [at-l] Food

Sam & Carter McKay wrote:

>         What are everybody else's plans as far as food is concerned?  Have any of you alumni had
> any MAJOR problems with the Post Offices?  Does any one have good lunch ideas?  We are
> doing lots of peanut butter and honey, Gorp.  Any other suggestions? Recipes?

This summer I plan on investing in a dehydrator and drying alot of food,
especially veggies like corn, peas, mushrooms. I will also make some
"fruit roll up" type things.  GORP, trail mix, granola, powerbars,
peanut butter and candy will find their way into my pack.

In addition, I plan on eating instant mashed potato, instant grits,
cous-cous, minute rice and ramen noodles - all require very little
cooking. Pasta is good, but it has to boil for a while and is bulky in
comparison. The "insta-foods" also are very easily mixed with gunk. I
can mix in the dried veggies, dried sauces or instant gravy. Yummy. As
far as spices are concerned: salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon,
sugar, butter buds/molly mc butter, maybe others... I don't know yet.

Recipes: I don't really know off the top of my head. I plan to wing it
most of the time. There are some web pages that include recipes and tips
on drying food on my page (see URL in my sig).

--
Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven