[at-l] Re: Mac & Cheese

  The neatest multiuse method I saw on the trail was by "Model-T"... He'd
cook-up what ever, then when all done eating (bkfst, lnch or din); add a
little water to the pot, dig out his tooth brush, swamp out the pot, rinse,
then brush his teeth... Worked for him.!!!
  I've got an MSR pot, the handle clamps down the lid,,, a little sand and
HOH, scrub lightly with hand, clamp down lid, shake vigorously, rinse, air
dry (most of time), pack away.!

At 07:46 AM 1/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>All:
>
>My technique for pot cleaning is to put a tbs or two of herbed canola oil in
>everything I cook.  This prevents sticking but I cook with a teflon coated
>pan (very expensive).  This means I have to use a wooden spatula to stir my
>food but I have shaped the spatula to the curves in the pan so I scrape
>nearly everthing out before the pan needs cleaning.  Cleaning is to boil a
>couple oz. of water and wipe dry with a half sheet of paper towel.  Boiling
>gets the rice and beans flavor out for morning coffee if that's what follows.
>

>Zeb  A.T. thru hike next year but ready now!

    Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Where's Spring; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure