Re: [at-l] Responses to ham question.

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Tumbleweed wrote:
> I plan on taking my little yeasu dual bander also. Its a 5 watter .
> Taking the AA battery pack

Hello Hiking Hams,
	I would recommend using a 5/8 wave telescoping antenna.  Weigh
about 2oz, extended its 54" and collapsed about 10".  I have a Smiley
from AES about $20.  This type of antenna has about 6 - 9db of gain.  A
regular rubber duck has ZERO gain.  Opening your SQL might also be a
useful in bad areas.  A small earphone helps you copy when white noise is
high.  Hope this helps.

Beau Bushor N1MJD
  "bleeder guy"
Burlington, Vermont