[at-l] More quotes

I'm really enjoying reading all the quotes being posted.  (Hope y'all are
too...;)  Here's a few more from my on-line archives...

The Law of Inverse Appreciation  --  The less there is between you and
the environment, the more you appreciate the environment.
(Don't remember the author..)

Let not to get a living be thy trade, but thy sport.  Enjoy the land,
but own it not.  Through want of enterprise and faith are men where they
are, buying and selling, and spending their lives like serfs.  -Thoreau

Here's one particularly appropriate for this year's thru hikers...

      "I go forth to make new demands on life. I pray that the life of
this spring and summer may ever lie fair in my memory. May I dare as I
have never done! May I perservere as I have never done! A person should
be worthier at the end of the journey than at the beginning. "
- Thoreau

"Few in number are those that see with their own eyes and feel
with their own hearts."
     --Albert Einstein

"We have not inherited the Earth from our fathers.
 We are borrowing it from our children."
                                --Native American Saying

And of course...

Road Not Taken