RE: [at-l] Thanks and by the way

On 24-Jan-97 James Bigler wrote:
<snip>
>Also I working on a homepage for the group I go hiking with(ORGT) and I
>was thinking about putting a good quote on the front page.  Does anybody
>have any suggestions for a quote that describes the reason we hike.

I've always liked John Muir.  He has many quotables, but here's my current
favorite:

Walk quietly away in any direction...
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees,
the winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their
energies, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

Kinda hits home for me, being a hiker and atmospheric scientist!

Later,
D^2