Re: [at-l] Re: tent questions / swift

Pooombah@aol.com wrote:

> << What do you think of it as
>  a 2-person tent?  Is there enough vertical room for one person to sit up in
>  at least one end (the front) of the tent? >>
>
> NO WAY!  definitely a one person (plus gear) tent unless you're very very
> small people.  i'm 5'6" and can BARELY sit up in it (head touches the top).
>  go with the arch rival.

I have to agree with the Poomb. I have the REI Nightlite (about the same
size as the Swift) and it is pretty cramped inside. The two inhabitants
need to be pretty narrow. No room to sit up, either, but then again,
tents are for sleeping. :)

I think a tent comparable to the North Face Lunarfire/Lunarlite probably
will have more head room. It's also free-standing. I'd buy this tent if
I happened to have and extra $300. :)

--
Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven