Re: [at-l] naughty robot

Poom wrote:

> this was sent to me BY me apparently (my address was the return)

Well, that's not too hard to accomplish actually, any of us could do it.

> NaughtyRobot exploits a security bug in HTTP and has visited your host
> system to collect personal, private, and sensitive information.

Ahh, I'd call bullshit right here. Security bug? Uhh, most servers allow
access without passwords when using HTTP, actually the only one I can
remember having to use a password for is our school's class registration
web system

> It has captured your Email and physical addresses, as well as your phone
> and credit card numbers.  To protect yourself against the misuse of this
> information, do the following:

Doubtful! There is no way on earth that these guys can get my physical
address, phone or credit card numbers through my e-mail server, the server
people don't even have that info on me. If they want my physical address
it's not hard to get, hell it's on my web page. My credit card number has
never passed over the net, it all sounds like some kid who just found out
how to write a little program to send this message to loads of people on
different servers and have an automated return address module in it.

> 	1. alert your server SysOp,
> 	2. contact your local police,
> 	3. disconnect your telephone, and
> 	4. report your credit cards as lost.
>
> Act at once.  Remember: only YOU can prevent DATA fires.

Ahhh whatever! Don't do any of this crap, look at the disconnect your
phone one, now why the hell would I do that even if they had all the info
on me that they claim? It's alot of bunk.

I wish there was a way to get some mail to the people who are behind this,
I'm normally a really nice guy behind the exterior I put on and if you
know me you know this, but right now if I could say something to this
person it would not be fit for a public forum. What a load of BS!

Sorry for the rant folks, but when you deal with the net every day for
several years you get really tired of someone's lame attempt to cause
problems for others.

Will Strickland -ANTELOPE- ME->GA '97
"May the four winds blow you safely home..."
  -- Grateful Dead--
Internet: gt0556d@prism.gatech.edu